General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Lanchester Medical Centre
Practice Privacy Notice
How we use your medical records
This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record
- We do share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care services
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
For more information read the specific privacy notices below.
What to do if you have any questions
Contact the practice’s data controller Gillian Webster via email address Data Controller.
GP practices are data controllers for the data they hold about their patients. Write to the data controller at:
- Lanchester Medical Centre, Durham Road, Lanchester, County Durham, DH7 0LS
Ask to speak to the Practice Manager Gillian Webster or Assistant Practice Manager Joanne Marshman
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) for Lanchester Medical Centre is Liane Cotterill and she is based at NECS, Teesdale House, Westpoint Road, Thornaby, Stockton - on - Tees, TS17 6BL
Practice Privacy Notice for CQC
Practice Privacy Notice for Payments
Practice Privacy Notice for Summary Care Records
Practice Privacy Notice NHS Digital
Practice Privacy Notice Public Health
Practice Privacy Notice Research
Practice Privacy Notice Risk Stratification
Practice Privacy Safeguarding Notice
Practice Privacy Notice NHS Prescriptions